Sunday, May 30, 2010

Sporty Spice

Friday was a day spent doing nothing at all until Friday night when we went to a party downtown that a guy in architecture school with Alexis invited us to. It was a sport theme party. I went to HyperLider to get some stuff to wear, which contrary to my first impression is more like a Wal-mart (it was recently purchased by them) as compared to Jumbo which is a nicer store that is more groceryesque.

We started by going to his boyfriend's apartment, he was gay this theme will come up again later in the story, and socialized until almost 1am. People here operate on a schedule that I have not become used to, nor do I really want to for that matter. I enjoy my sleep. Then we headed to the bar where the party was going on. We arrived at about 1:30 and there wasn't really anyone there so I assumed that the place was just dead and the party fell flat but no one here goes to anything before 2. It had not occurred to me that a party that a gay guy invited you to might also be a party mostly attended by other gay people. This was a fact that was lost on me because I didn't care, another one of Alexis' friends however wasn't so care free. He was walking around like at any moment he might be attacked by one of the other people there. Despite the light case of homophobia that Alexis' friend had come down with a good time was had by all and we left without any "incidents".
This was our attempt at looking "sporty"

No comments:

Post a Comment