Saturday, June 5, 2010

Walnuts 2.0

Today we went to Alexis' Grandmother's farm. It takes about an hour to get there and it is in the mountains that border Argentina. They also produce walnuts like the farm of her cousin.
On the drive up there I was informed that the mountain covered in snow belongs to her grandmother. Yup, she owns a mountain. A couple of them actually. The farm was bought back in the 30s by Alexis' Great Grandfather and the edge of the farm goes right up to Argentina. I was told that it was about 7000 hectares which is just over 17000 acres.
This is the River that is one border of the farm
One of the fields for the cows and horses

 This was near the top of that mountain from earlier

When we got there we built a small fire and cooked some steaks for dinner and ate them with a salad and some bread. It was all very good and after our tour of the place we had some tea and came back to the city where I packed my stuff and got ready to fly out in the morning.

I have an awesome panoramic shot from the mountain but it won't upload so I'll have to but it on Facebook along with the extra pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment